Saturday, April 23, 2011

Couldn't pass a day like today up!

Today I woke up to the best day so far this year.  Sunny, no wind, no clouds, and warm.  Everyone disappeared and my wife said...go fishing!!!!!  Started on a section of a nearby river that I haven't tried before.  For me the water couldn't have been better.  Just a bit of color and the magic level. The first pool I came to rewarded me with 3 beaver doing beaver things.  Was not able to get any good pictures of them but was able to watch them in the water.  That was a real treat.  Then I noticed two steelhead rise, out of the water with very nice splashes.  Not sure what they were doing but it made me curious enough to sit and watch them.  Not fishing, just observing, and I was able to learn a lot from that exercise.  I was able to enjoy them in their habitat, not being bothered, much like watching Elk, or bear, or deer.  Such a treat given the crowds that usually enhabit the banks and surface of the water.











And here is what note my day ended on.  If the season ended now, I would leave completely happy, for I have found where my steelhead passion is leading.  Sight fishing for natives is much more satisfying to me, than just put and take fisheries.  Yes, they have their place, but to put the fish back in the river after a battle of wills and emotions somewhat completes the experience for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment