Sunday, October 30, 2011

Costal kings

Friday I had the opportunity to ditch work and family for a quick trip to the north Oregon coast.  Unfortunately the only option fell on a day rather far removed from rain so I was hoping that there were still a few fish left from the last river rise. 

Of course the rain started falling halfway thru my precious fishing day but I was able to hook up and land a few before the rain started.  The ones I landed were not as dark as I thought they would be and all fought well for me.  I started up at the deadline and soon ran into a few people hammering a hole loaded with fish.  I left them to find solitude which turned out to be a mere few holes downstream.  This king murdered the drifted eggs I was using.


And here's a small jack that took and fought like a steelhead...


I ended the afternoon hooking and loosing two more kings.  Just before packing it in for the drive home I tangled with a 14" cuttie who decided to flop and drop before I could click a pic.  Beautiful little cuttie.
I ended the day trying to look at the Wilson River, which was hard too see thru the heavy downpour.  A few small cutties attacked my offerings but nothing of size was found.  I'm real anxious to get back over here after the success of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment