Saturday, August 4, 2012

Its hot out!

Yep, today was a scorcher.  After working yesterday in the sun, I was done.  I opted out on a trip to the Sandy river, and went up the gorge looking for cooler temps.  I had a small stream in mind and had seen some fish earlier in the week when I was passing by for work.  This is a perfect place in August.  Super shady, no people and not to far from home.  Left at 7:30 home by 11:30 missed most of the heat!  I was able to find two fish and got this king after a short hike.
It wasn't in the best shape, but it was missing a fin and my smoker is empty so home it came.  There are bodies of water with more and fresher fish, but not with less people.  I can handle less fish if it means solitude.  Especially after a long hot week.

I also took my youngest (6) out flyfishing for trout on the Clackamas this week.  He picked up fly casting amazingly fast.  We found almost too many beautiful small trout.  They are fiesty and keep him occupied so we go with it.

Soon, say september, I'll head over and try my hand on the Descutes for those fun summer steel.  Until then, fish hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment