Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Two good trips

I finally got into a little hot streak.  Fishing that is, the weather cooled down to the mid 70's and I happened on a strech of river with willing fish in it.  I just love this stretch.  Its a bit of a hike in and out, but there usually isn't more than a handful of people in there, and its really very easy to find solitude.  So you get big fish, multiple species and no crowds.  Everyone is boat to boat at Bouy 10 and I'm enjoying time away. 
The fish are coloring up, but I need smoker meat as I'm running out of my last smoked salmon.  That and some fresh eggs to replenish the bait supply keep me retaining a few of the better fish.  First one I got was 11' down in some very fast water.  The float slipped below the surface, barely, and I reeled down.  My reward were some fierce headshakes followed by the pull of a big fish.  After a wild fight, as she kept trying to cut off on the rocks I guided this one in.

This was the only one landed by me on this trip.  I missed some very hot steelhead, actually was surprised by them and once bit twice shy so to say. 
The next day I ventured out again and found this big boy holed up near a rock.  Got him in quick and back out so as to bother him as little as possible.

Then this cute girl showed up for the fight.  She really didn't want to come home but I pursuaded her to visit for dinner.  Fired up the smoker and as of now she is on her way to my brothers house as he doesn't get to fish for these brutes much.

No comments:

Post a Comment